Queen Size Old Door Headboard - Made on the Light Side

The old doors that we purchase are usually made from pine, oak or mahogany. This old door was originally made using pine. After removing most of the paint we seal the front before painting the remaining trim.
Our Customer was very excited when she picked it up this afternoon!

queen size old door headboard made on the light side, bedroom ideas, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling

• Dana K. Demers

I am trying to make one these now with an antique door that my grandpa gave me from his first ever house.. but I cannot figure out how to add the legs? Any advice?

• Karen

Dana, I made one of these. I used a one by four and ran it up the back of the door on the side that will be against the wall. I made 2 legs like that. Then I cut 2 more pieces of 1x4 that were the length of the bottom of the door to the floor. I attached those to the fronts of the other 2 legs and now I had 2 squarish, very sturdy legs. You can also go without the legs and just attach the headboard to the wall using French cleats.

• Vintage Headboards

We have our plans that we post for sale on our website that makes this a reasonable DIY project. www.vintageheadboards.storenvy.com I hope this helps!