Using a Quality Chalked Paint on Fabric..easier Than You Think!

Easy Rocking chair makeover. Use Shabby Chalked Paint to update outdated fabric for a fresh new look. Strong but flexible!
Sorry this will be Short and Sweet guys.
Sprayed the fabric with a fine mist of water. (keeping the fabric slightly damp will help it stay softer than it would if you painted over it dry, just a mist or it will delay dry time!)
Painted with 1/2 water 1/2 peacock chalk-paint mixture. Only needed two coats...there is no reason to mist for the second coat because the first coat of Shabby Paints has already completely covered the fabric.
Sanded after the first and second coat lightly with a fine grit sandpaper to make it nice and smooth.
I used Shabby Shimmer in Pearl White for the stencil, stripe and as a glaze on the wood. That's it Easy Peasy!!!
Sooo comfortable! Not sure if this will be for Grandma's nursery or moms :)
http://shabbypaints.com/chalk-painted-fabric-chair/
Shabby Chalk-Paint over fabric..easy makeover that will last!

• Gen14615252

I have a recliner that's comfortable but ugly, can I use this technique on the chair?
  • Cha48521932

Is it possible to paint over a faux leather covered foam cushion with this chalk paint? Or even better-a metallic gold acrylic paint I have now? This is my practice trial run on a barstool, before I try my hand on real fabric with expensive quality chalk paint on some more important items and I just wondered if you or some has had success painting other types of uplostery with any kind of paint.thank you so much for sharing your inspiration with these chairs. I'm in LoVe with the peacock color and the gold together.

🤓 Charissa

• Shabby Paints

I have painted faux leather, sofas, pillows, lamp shades...the list goes on. lol I did a faux leather recliner years ago. I've only worked with our Acrylic-chalk paint which has a better stretch than a regular latex type paints. Make sure you remove all the furniture conditioners and dirt. I would clean with a vinegar water mixture. Dilute your first coat or two to cover all fibers and create a good base. If you need to add metallic paint might be best to do it over the paint for best chance of adhesion. Join our support group you will find lots of people that have done it and great inspiration. shabbypaints.com/support I'm doing a Victorian sofa soon, hope to start before Christmas.

• Yolanda ratliff

Love it.!!!

• Wendy

I have two cloth wing chairs are you sure the paint doesn't come off? seems like a good solution what paint do you use thanks

• Shabby Paints

@Wendy Still rocking in it and the paint isn't budging. www.shabbypaints.com