Asked on Apr 2, 2016

Has anyone ever painted a bowling ball?

Yvonne JensenSandy HartnettBonnie D
+6

I am not sure if a regular kiltz type primer would stick to a bowling ball. I would like to paint art onto it using acrylic paints and a then spray on a clear gloss sealer. I intend this for outside, in the garden.
    Janet Pizaro

www.artistic-garden.com/garden-art-project-how-to-paint...

• Maxie
    Maxie

I just sprayed mine with silver paint and threw fine glitter in mine. That was a few years ago that I did that and it still is in pretty good shape. I made a globe out of it and when the light hit it, it looked pretty.

• Phil Stafford
    Phil Stafford

id first scuff it up a little with 80 grit sandpaper to give primer an extra "bite" id use 123 bullseye primer then paint with the acrylics.

• LaJean Dowty
    LaJean Dowty

I have painted many of them, just roughed them up a bit and used interior paint on them, made ladybugs, bumblebees, caterpillars and frogs with them for the garden

• Bonnie D
    Bonnie D

The kilz should work. Might want to lightly sand with fine grit sand paper.

• Sandy Hartnett
    Sandy Hartnett

I used regular craft paint and put them in the garden. It's been 6 years and they still look good?...just dirty. I also use nail enamel for lots of projects. It holds up very well! Hugs

• Yvonne Jensen
    Yvonne Jensen

I am planning to paint it something like this.

• Yvonne Jensen
    Yvonne Jensen

Thanks for all your help,