Asked on Apr 2, 2016

What can I use for weed killer at the beach?

PamJulieJulies1949
+10

Hello, I am looking for a safe way to get rid of weeds at my beach, my neighbor sprays round up, Horrible . tk you
  • Linda
    Linda

Weed Killing Spray 1 gallon of store-bought vinegar 1/4 cup of salt (Morton’s, etc) 1 teaspoon of dish soap helps adhere to the weed’s leaves. Mix all ingredients and use within 7 days for maximum effectiveness. A hot sunny day with no rain in the forecast is the best time to apply. Not recommended for use around desirable plants. I have a small property so I cut the recipe down to fill a one quart spray bottle and only make it when I'm going to use it the same day.

Janet Pizaro

Make a mixture of white vinegar,water and dawn detergent making sure you spray into the root system. You may have to repeat the process.

• Shawn Brockhoff Maxwell
    Shawn Brockhoff Maxwell

Agree with previous answers. Use the higher acidic white cleaning vinegar - salt and a bit if Dawn. I also use the flame weeder (probably the safest environmentally).

• Pam
    Pam

I like vinegar, salt, and boiling water, depending how large an area.

• Pam
    Pam

PLEASE, not Roundup. That stuff is VERY nasty for the environment. I live in Iowa. Toxic stuff.....does not just kill weeds!

• Didee73
      Didee73

@Pam Thank you so much, neighbor told me a chemist told her you can drink it, I think she chose to believe what she wanted too. Tk you

• Laura S
    Laura S

2 cups Epsom salt, 1/4 cup original Dawn dish soap and a gallon of white vinegar. Works pretty well.

• Julies1949
    Julies1949

It depends on the extent of the problem. We just use boiling water.

• Didee73
      Didee73

@Julies1949 do you just walk containers down and walk back and forth? And I also wondered about burning i, however I've read thats not good for water.

• Julies1949
    Julies1949

We just wheel the BBQ close to the area and use it to boil pots of water. I am way too clumsy to be trusted with a danger like that back and forth from the cottage.

• Julie
    Julie

mix vinegar, Epsom salt and dawn dish soap, [add water and saturate weeds. works perfect. you can google it for exact amounts

• Pam
    Pam

Drink it!!! Oh, my god!!! Does the chemist want rid of your neighbor?? If that person comes up dead, do toxicology tests!!