Donna McCrummen
Donna McCrummen
  • Bernardsville, NJ
Asked on Apr 4, 2012

Done.....

JCEllisCarolHarold M
+8

q done, painted furniture
q done, painted furniture
q done, painted furniture
q done, painted furniture
  • Miriam I

Is this the one you were asking for color opinions on?

• Miriam I

Oh, and it's just lovely!

• Donna McCrummen

Thank you Miriam. On this one I used three different left over paints and mixed them together. White, Blue and Green. The one I was asking opinions on was this....

q done, painted furnitureq done, painted furnitureq done, painted furniture
  • Susan S

Both are FAN-TAB-U-LOUS, as usual!! Question - is this where the wax comes in. Applied after you've gotten the desired effect w/the paint, distressing etc. Does the wax act as a protective coat to keep the paint from chiping or any further distressing that isn't wanted from occuring? I've never quite been sure how the paint is protected?? Oh, and how is the WORKSHOP planning coming along???

• Miriam I

Ah, beautiful!

• Donna McCrummen

You are all so kind. Thank you. @Susan, yes the wax is a protectant. Some people wax before distressing and some after. It's just a matter of preference. For me, I usually have 3-4 projects going at once so it just depends on where I am. Sheila, on table tops I've been using Varathane Satin water based floor finish (warning, do not shake the can stir gently or you will get bubbles). CeCe has announced her own Satin Finish, of course health and environmentally friendly for those who don't want to mess with wax. It will be here next week. On workshops - I'm shooting for sometime in May for a trip down your way. You can host a workshop at your place - email me Donna@ShabbyDaze.com

• KMS Woodworks

Looking good...that mahogany top really POPS

• Donna McCrummen

Thank you KMS -

• Harold M

Very nice

• Carol

I think this is a piano desk. I have seen them sell for $300.00-$500.00 in original condition. I bought mine in NC 15 years ago while visiting our oldest daughter. It was an instant hit with all daughters and granddaughters wanting it. They loved the size for their laptops and the fact that the legs came off and it could be set by USPS or UPS anywhere they moved. I found another one here in AZ but it was almost $500.00, so it was out of my price range.

• JCEllis

It is a spinnet desk and they are worth some money. My mom had painted hers over the years and finally had a professional strip it and re-stain. It is beautiful now.