Cynthia O
Cynthia O
  • Black River Falls, WI

Lilacs

I love lilacs! And our lilacs are having a bumper crop this year.
I love arranging them too and filling our home with their sweet scent.
I try to make them last longer by re-cutting the stems and adding a tsp. of sugar to tepid water. See more at http://applestonecottage.blogspot.com
My favorite new way of displaying them....  inside my blue ball anniversary jars.
My favorite new way of displaying them.... inside my blue ball anniversary jars.
Overflowing in vases
Overflowing in vases
Cynthia O

• Patty A

anyone know why my lilacs that I've had forever dont bloom in my part shade zone 5 garden? Since I recognized the leaf but got no flowers I gave a sprouting of it to my brother down the road( yes, his soil used to be farmland unlike my clay, so that's a big difference). He got blooms the first year and the next it was covered and grew three times Its Size. I ve tried it in the sunniest spots, and have limed and fed and composted.....so frustrated! He did nothing to his!

• Cynthia O

I wish I could help you. Mine that are in the sun seem to do the best. I don't do anything to them at all.