Debra
Debra
  • Seymour, CT

Making chalkboard childrens tables

DebraRobin HamiltonStan
+4

I am using old side tables to make chalkboard top tables for children and I am looking for some idea's for colors to use on the base of the table with a childs chair that matches. I did one for a girls that came out lovely but now I am stuck on what colors to use for boy chalkboard table and chairs. Any idea's ??????
  • Stan

Not knowing what colors you are using in the room is a tough call, but if your looking just at the project itself how about sticking to bright bold primary colors like blue green yellow red using glossy enamel paint. Ether all one color or a mix of all of them to really make the project Pop!

• Debra

Thank you Stan for your reply. I am making them to sell so I do not have room colors and I like the idea of mixing the colors for more of a custom look. Thank you

• Accentuations!

Hi Debra! My suggestion would be some bright, colorful and unexpected colors....teal, fuschia, tangerine, or lime. They are currently "hot" colors in a trend that is expected to last a while. Hope this helps! Sallie............Accentuations@neo.rr.com

• Stan

Hi Deb just an after thought you could use both our ideas and pick colors from a crayola crayon box the bright fun ones like the tangerine and lime as well as a couple primary. Make sure you look to see that the paint is the kid friendly kind, I know that some of the wood toy plans catalogs advertise paints that are designed so if kids chew on it its safe....Just a thought.

• Debra

Thank you a helpful tip

• Robin Hamilton

Hey Debra -- Do you have a picture of your finished project? I'm thinking about refinishing my son's table for my grandson and wonder how the chalkboard paint does.... Thanks.

• Debra

Robin, if you send me your email I will send you some pictures. I am using my phone and can not make any attachments in the comments section. My email is daubin56@yahoo.com. The chalk board paint does very well.