Funincarmel
Funincarmel
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Los Gatos, CA

Grandma's Rolling Pin Gets a New Purpose

I pulled my grandmother's rolling pin out of the drawer and wanted to use it somehow so I could enjoy it along with the memories of her amazing pies.
grandma s rolling pin gets a new purpose, dining room ideas, kitchen design, repurposing upcycling
I looked for various mounts to use and liked the finished look of drapery support brackets. The spacing is perfect for my project.
And they slipped right over the handles. You can find them in different finishes. The black accents well with my decor. You can faux finish as well for a different look.
I began by measuring and marking the holes where I wanted to mount the pin. I choose my Boos cutting board, but you can mount them anywhere you want.
Drilled my pilot holes.
Took the brackets apart and mounted according to directions. Quite a simple project and only cost me $5.00 for the bracket set at my local hardware store.
And I am done. A nice towel rack that reminds me of her and works perfectly with my decor.
This project took me about 15 minutes. Hope you enjoy.

• Ang11786287

Where do i get the brackets? Home Depot or Lowes? What department?

• Cheryl Biermann

I love it! I wonder if there is a mount that would allow the use of the rolling pin as well? I don't use one often, so in the off times, it could be purely decorative, get it out of the drawer space it hogs and still be useful.

• Cheryl Biermann

Thank you all. Very good ideas and I will definitely be doing this. In our generic, everybody has the same thing, it's good to add these individual touches and not feel as if you are living in a hotel room!

• Robert

Very nicely done dear. And again, what type of cutting board is it?