Repairing rotted door jambs.

My customer had 6 door jambs that had rot in about the same place and size. These were large double door units and I did not want to remove the unit and replace the complete jamb.
repairing rotted door jambs, doors, woodworking projects, My customer had 6 door jambs that had rot in about the same place and size These were large double door units and I did not want to remove the unit and replace the complete jamb
repairing rotted door jambs, doors, woodworking projects, I cut out the rotted area and cut the brick molding a little higher than the removed area
I cut out the rotted area and cut the brick molding a little higher than the removed area.
repairing rotted door jambs, doors, woodworking projects, You can buy at the big box store replacement door jambs I cut and fitted a replacement piece I have a router bit to cut a slot the thickness of a biscuit I cleaned the area well and put a bed of caulking in Then secured the replacement piece with the biscuit shims gorilla glue and brads The brick molding was put on and it covered the slot for the biscuit and gives strength to the repair
You can buy at the big box store replacement door jambs. I cut and fitted a replacement piece. I have a router bit to cut a slot the thickness of a biscuit. I cleaned the area well and put a bed of caulking in. Then secured the replacement piece with the biscuit, shims, gorilla glue and brads. The brick molding was put on and it covered the slot for the biscuit and gives strength to the repair.
repairing rotted door jambs, doors, woodworking projects, This is the finished repair waiting for paint The material for this job was less than 75 00 but a lot of labor I hope that this will help someone in the future
This is the finished repair waiting for paint. The material for this job was less than $75.00, but a lot of labor. I hope that this will help someone in the future.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 21 comments
Next