Turn a Messy Walk-in Into an Organized Closet and Dressing Room!

This is what I was working with, I know right? What a disaster!! A total catch all for those things you thought maybe you might need, someday down the road. It was beyond time for this to end! />

Sweaters, jeans and stuff we'd collected from Baby Showers for our boys, DIY Wedding invitations we didn't end up using. It was all here! Disaster!

First I got started by doing a HUGE purge! Getting rid of the clothing that I never wore, would keep because maybe they'll fit again someday, or favourites that might come back in style.

Its amazing how free you feel when you get rid of so much unneeded junk!

Next we tore out the closet bar, it wasn't serving in the most useful way, and I had a feeling we could do better!

Same goes for those cubby catch-alls! They were strange shape and size and never really accomodated anything properly. Gone!

This is what we're left with. By hanging the top bars up higher it gives us space to divide shirts up into his and hers, and even add more purposeful cubbys to the center. We're able to fit more into the same space essentially. Love it!

And with the cubbys gone I turned this space into a place to sit, and put on your shoes, and check yourself out before you head out to start your day! Its a win/win/win!

To see more about the project, check out the original post here.

• Closet Organizer by ClosetMaid  (Home Depot)
  • Semi-Flush Mount Light  (Home Depot)
  • Tall Leaner Mirror  (Home Sense Canada)

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Krystal Kristiansen

• Catalina Amaya

Where did you get your space savers, what are the materials as far as the construction. What was the cost? Because I am thinking of doing that. Out of my own pocket or maybe splitting the difference with my landlord. (If he's game). Because I just moved intomy new place and it doesn't have much space. So I am very much trying to solve it. Yes, I am also wanting to get rid of my stuff too.
    • Krystal Kristiansen

The space savers are from Closetmaid. They have an online program where you design what you need and it gives you the exact list of everything. From there you can type them in to the Home Depot website and get an exact cost for your project l. Ours was about $500 Canadian.
  • Kathy Teson

Where did all the clothes go?
  • Tabitha McAbee Edwards

What is the name and brand of the pain? Your closet is awesome im in the process now doing my walk in

• Regina Micciche

My walk in closet looks like a department store blew up in it, I can’t walk in anymore. Your before picture doesn’t look as bad as mine is....lol! I really need to purge, I’m really bad at packing it in. I love how you did the new closet organizer. I still have the cheap wire shelves the builder put in. It would be fine, but I want more shelves and shoe racks.

• CKimball

Gorgeous! great job!