Mary
Mary
  • Smyrna, GA
Asked on Apr 6, 2012

How do I get a strawberry stain out of a granite countertop?

MaryLindaPhoenix Stone Solutions
+4

• You can try this little trick: -Combine 2 tbsp. of bleached flour with two drops of a liquid dish detergent. Add water slowly to the flour until a thick paste forms. Cover the stain with the paste and rub it on with a nonabrasive sponge. Allow it to dry completely on the granite. -Wipe the dried paste off the granite with a damp washcloth. -If needed you can then apply a commercial granite stone soap over the stain area. (check your local home improvement store) You might need to reseal your granite if you're having problems with stains.

• Mary

Thank you. How do I seal the granite?

• KMS Woodworks

once the stain is up the sealer can be used ...most sealers get applied with a small towel then excess is wiped up later.

• Phoenix Stone Solutions

Mary, did you get your stain out?

• Mary

This stain is in my second home and I haven't been there to try to get it out yet. Thanks for all the replies.

• Linda

I didn't know granite would stain...maybe I don't want granite. Bleach doesn't do it?

• Mary

This is my first granite countertop. Quartz and manufactured tops such as Silestone don't need to be sealed but I've found out the hard way that granite does. I would pick quartz over granite. I still haven't been back to this home to try to get the stain out!