Caley's Culinaries
Caley's Culinaries
  • Buford, GA

Bird Nest By The Pencil Sharpener

Caley's CulinariesMichelle ElikerKMS Woodworks
+1

This cute, tiny bird has built a nest next to my pencil sharper. It is much smaller than the other birds that have built nests in our garage. It's the size if a finch and it's brown. It's too quick to get a picture, but this is the nest and eggs. As long as we don't directly look at it, it is fine with us sharpening pencils. Anybody know what it is?
What bird puts moss on its nest?
What bird puts moss on its nest?
That is the pencil sharpener on right.
That is the pencil sharpener on right.
  • KMS Woodworks

I'm a bit worried about this location...are you leaving your garage door open 24 / 7? When these birds hatch they will need frequent feeding and care. And if the door is closed the parents may be separated from the young chicks.

• Caley's Culinaries

Birds have been building nests in our garage for years. Having babies. Practicing their flying skills. Pooping on stuff. Leaving home. I'm sure the mother knows how to feed them. She built a nest and layed eggs in it. That took time. I trust her with her children.

• Michelle Eliker

Sounds like a wren. Maybe a Carolina Wren or a Winter Wren.

• Caley's Culinaries

Thank you! That is it! I looked up pictures of the nest and eggs and they are exactly like Carolina Wren!