Lauren of Mom Home Guide
Lauren of Mom Home Guide
  • Hightstown, NJ

New Spring/ Summer Garden

$80

I just started a new spring/summer perennial garden on the southern side of my home. I put in lillies, tall garden phlox (that aren't blooming yet) and dianthus. Now, I need some kind of ground cover. I am wondering whether to put down small red gravel or mulch. I'd also love to add a garden bench and a bird bath.
My new flower garden -- it doesn't look too pretty right now. I need to add some mulch or gravel and maybe bump it out for a garden bench and/or birth bath.
These look very much like carnations!
These look very much like carnations!
These flowers have a wonderful scent.
These flowers have a wonderful scent.
I can;t wait until the lilies bloom -- I just love lilies.
Lauren of Mom Home Guide

• Lauren of Mom Home Guide

Thanks for your comments! Not sure what to do ... I like the idea of a natural look, but that is true that it's not great to put mulch right next to a house.

• Sue Kiene

When I read what you wanted to add later I immediately said mulch if it were me because I love to go barefoot and stepping on or walking on pea gravel to get to a bench would not do it for me. Also with mulch, if you decide to change it down the road I think it is easier to do than with gravel.