DIY Wooden Crate Shoe Rack

I created a cool vintage-looking shoe and boot rack to tame the chaos in my entryway out of unfinished wooden crates. It was easy!
I stained 6 basic unfinished wooden crates from Michael's with Dark Walnut stain by Minwax.
After I stained the crates, I screwed them together and added casters so it would be easy to sweep underneath. I also installed 4 hooks on the side to hold our car keys.
I distressed the wood and added a vintage French graphic from The Graphics Fairy.
Order has been restored! Having an organized spot to put everything makes us less inclined to use the area as a dumping ground and it’s definitely a more pleasant sight when we walk in the door.
For all the details on how I did it, please visit my blog.

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Julie Briggs

• Laura Siebrecht

How did you keep the screws from showing, did you apply any wood glue. I am fixing to build this but my crates are two different sizes and smaller than yours. I plan on making one the size of yours but will start with a smaller one first
  • Marivan

I, too, want to know how you hid the screws....

• DKW

What was the cost and the time required to do this project?

• Cathie Sprouse

I found the crates at WalMart for $10 each. I looked at several but the ones at WalMart had corner supports that made it sturdier. They were also the lowest price. You'll need wood screws that are 1 1/2 inches. The size depends on the width of the wood used for the crates. I used 4 for each crate and screwed them together from the inside so they didn't show. Since I was using mine for a fish tank I also added corner braces on the back and 2 pieces of wood on top and bottom for added stability. How much it costs depends primarily on how many crates you choose to use. I put mine together in 2 hours using a drill with a screwdriver bit.

• Wat21027051

Love this!! Moving and losing built-in shelving, so this solves my problem. Thank you for sharing!!

• Coo33031253

amazing idea.Thanks for sharing