DIY Wooden Crate Shoe Rack

I created a cool vintage-looking shoe and boot rack to tame the chaos in my entryway out of unfinished wooden crates. It was easy!
I stained 6 basic unfinished wooden crates from Michael's with Dark Walnut stain by Minwax.
After I stained the crates, I screwed them together and added casters so it would be easy to sweep underneath. I also installed 4 hooks on the side to hold our car keys.
I distressed the wood and added a vintage French graphic from The Graphics Fairy.
Order has been restored! Having an organized spot to put everything makes us less inclined to use the area as a dumping ground and it’s definitely a more pleasant sight when we walk in the door.
For all the details on how I did it, please visit my blog.

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Julie Briggs

• Marivan
    Marivan

I, too, want to know how you hid the screws....

• DKW
    DKW

What was the cost and the time required to do this project?

• Cathie Sprouse
      Cathie Sprouse

I found the crates at WalMart for $10 each. I looked at several but the ones at WalMart had corner supports that made it sturdier. They were also the lowest price. You'll need wood screws that are 1 1/2 inches. The size depends on the width of the wood used for the crates. I used 4 for each crate and screwed them together from the inside so they didn't show. Since I was using mine for a fish tank I also added corner braces on the back and 2 pieces of wood on top and bottom for added stability. How much it costs depends primarily on how many crates you choose to use. I put mine together in 2 hours using a drill with a screwdriver bit.

• Katherine Fromm
    Katherine Fromm

I absolutely love this and I’m so thrilled I stumbled onto your site!! I’m making this but wondering what length wood screws you use to attach the casters?

• Wat21027051
    Wat21027051

Love this!! Moving and losing built-in shelving, so this solves my problem. Thank you for sharing!!

• Coo33031253
    Coo33031253

amazing idea.Thanks for sharing