My mosaic pieces.

I create mosaics out of cast off furniture, some of which is cosmetically flawed. I use cut-up china dishes, stained glass and other objects. This art form is called Pique Assiette and I'm self-taught. I do commission work and sell my pieces in galleries. Here are some pieces.
This is a commission piece I did for a woman. This table was her grandmother's and the top was not in the best of shape. She wanted it painted white and told me to do any design I wanted out of pastel colors. When she came to look at it, she was overwhelmed because one of the dishes (unbeknownst to me) was some identical dishes that her grandmother had.
This is a curio cabinet that is heavy and sets on a table. It is made out of beautiful china, stained glass, and kiln-fired butterfly designs.
This is a long (48") bench that I painted and then created with china dishes, glass mosaic gems, and stained glass. I left much of the blue top exposed for interest.
This was originallly a silver hammered aluminum lazy susan which I painted and then designed with china dishes and stained glass.
This is wooden bed tray that a woman had me do for her. Her daughter is named Rose and she wanted a Rose theme with not too many roses. She also wanted it whimsical.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 152 comments
Next