Jayme
Jayme
  • Bellaire, MI

Problem Weed Identities?

JaymeGretchenDouglas Hunt
+6

Hi....once again I am posting for plant identification. I have a could of weeds growing in my garden area, just looking to identify them. They are kind of pretty - but I hate to leave them to take over.
have NO idea what this is...was thinking wild mustard?
I believe that this is some kind of spurge.

What does the leaf look like on the plant on the left? The plant on the right well could be a type of euphorbia, or spurge, which I wouldn't consider a weed.

• Nancy Hand

Douglas I'm with you on the one on the right, Euphorbia. Not sure about the one on the left.

• Jayme

@Douglas Hunt I will get a better picture of the leaf for the plant in the left. As for the Spurge is there some way to contain it...because I actually like it. I did not plant it and I am pretty sure that it was in my garden last year - I just wasn't too concentrated on where it is last year.

If you are concerned about the spurge spreading you could dig it up and then plant it in a container in the ground, as you would for mint, for example.

• Gretchen

Without seeing the leaves, it's flowers and habit appear to be Golden Guinea Japanese Rose - japonica. Look it up on google and compare photos to your specimen. Hope that helps.

• Jayme

@Douglas Hunt thanks.... yes that is what I will do because I really like the spurge.

• Jayme

@Gretchen thanks...I looked that plant up. It is not what I am dealing with. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a picture of the leaves. Very rainy and dark here today. Thank you for your input.

• Gretchen

How tall and wide is this plant or bush? That may help me distinguish.

• Jayme

@Gretchen and @Douglas Hunt here are additional pictures of the leaves for my mystery weed.