Karen B
Karen B
  • Youngstown, NY

The outdoor seat I made to go with the super nice cushions found thrown out, not a thing wrong with them.

made this today, completely free except the screws lol. The cushions were thrown out in rich neighborhood, 2 pallets, cut up garden timber, an old door frame, and a bamboo blind also found. The paint was a leftover from a friend.
the finished seat
the finished seat
ready to relax, afternoon snooze
ready to relax, afternoon snooze
these are packing material from a new stove a neighbor got, they protect the corners of stove and make awesome freebie moldings
free pallets, the main staple of the seating
cut garden timbers for arms
cut garden timbers for arms
paint
paint

• Carolyn Noyer

I sure would like to know where all you gals get free pallets, any suggestions?

• Monique

If you are near a lowes or any local Hardware store , call ahead and ask , most likely they'll have plenty.

• Dee

love it. I have a collection of cushions, that I use for various projects, from 'throwaways'. Often folks with more money than time (or no inclination to 'recreate') get rid of perfectly good things that no longer fit their decor. Bonus for we salvage/upcycle/repurpose folks!

• Nancy A. Creese

this is nice and not to be a downer on this.. I love repurposing.. but all of you .. please please be careful... I am reading many posts about bedbugs on such a rise here in the U.S........ just please be careful before taking any discarded furniture ... wood, fabric, etc... sorry to post that.. but seriously be careful.. and this looks very nice... good job

• Monique

I totally agree , it behooves you to take heed and clean your pallets thougheraly with outdoor bleach and hot water and dry before proceeding with your project.