Diane D
Diane D
  • Raleigh, NC
Asked on Apr 8, 2012

I don't have a hose in my backyard and it is too expensive to add a hookup.

CarolFreidaMiriam I
+8

It is difficult to water garden and clean deck by hand so I am wondering if there is something portable I could use that would have a spray like a hose???
  • Plumber26

you could use one of those pump sprayers like you use for weed killers. they come in different sizes and you pump it up and it will serve it's purpose. Just outta curiosity, how much do you consider "expensive". Because, unless you are on a slab foundation, it shouldn't be too expensive to add a hose bibb.

• Diane D

I am on a slab. I can't remember exactly but I think it was a few hundred dollars because there is no access to water in the back of the house. Thanks for the advice on the pump sprayer.

• Rebecca B

Consider diverting water from your guttering into a rain barrel. Many rainbarrels have hose attatchments.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

Do you have any outside water access? A faucet in the front?

• Diane D

Four Season: The water source is in the garage which is the front of the house. Rebecca: I was reading about the rain barrel today. I will look into that.

I think rain barrels are an excellent idea for you.

• Diane D

Where is the best place to get the rain barrels? Do Home Depot or Lowes carry them?

• Bobby Jean S

You can create your own rain barrels from a large plastic trash can. eHow or similar sites should have step by step instructions; chances are the city of Raleigh does also.

• Miriam I

Diane, you might find what you need from The Rain Barrel Depot: http://www.hometalk.com/member/n2ihh5bv3z

• Freida

Buy a water hose that expands and is very light weight. It can stretch 20 feet and curl back to only a few feet.

• Carol

I did the same as Freida suggested. I just ran the hose from the kitchen sink and out the window. The stretch hoses are brilliant.