Frankie Laney
Frankie Laney
  • Oceanside, CA

Check out my Flea Market find

Frankie LaneyJennie RobertsDrought Smart Plants
+5

This is from Pennsylvania, owned by a 90 something little lady who said it has been in her family for as long as she can remember. It's made with little tree branches, wood slats and nails. I'm guessing a good cleaning with??????
Flea Market find!!
Flea Market find!!
  • Amy Felt

I just bought this exact chair from the Amish for $100.00 and absolutely love it, so comfortable and stylish.

• Frankie Laney

Amy hi, has your rocker been used? This one has lots of wear on the arms, back and the rockers. I have a short body so I love that is fits me perfectly. Thanks.

• Dianne Kurtz

Murphy's Oil Soap would clean the slats nicely.But maybe varnish the arms and legs.I love this chair!!

• Debra Peters

clean it very gently and minimally - you don't want to damage any natural patina. Beautiful piece!

• APSuess Fine Woodworking

Debra Peters is "spot on" when she mentions "...you don't want to damage any natural patina." Dust/Blow off any lose dirt or collected grime then wipe it down with any household furniture polish. To do anything more aggressive would remove any "history" that makes it the beautifully aged piece it is.

• Drought Smart Plants

I would probably go the route of the Murphy's Oil Soap, but nothing more. Wood needs to breathe, so please don't paint this!

• Jennie Roberts

What did you have to give for it, if you don't mind telling us!!!?

• Frankie Laney

@Jennie Roberts I believe I paid $125 for it. It's really a perfect fit for me.