Reposhture Studio - Kim
Reposhture Studio - Kim
  • Pittsburgh, PA

How to Silver Leaf

Silver leafing is not difficult! Here is a step-by-step tutorial so you can get started and then let your imagination take over!
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2013/05/easy-peasy-silver-leafy-tutorial.html
before
before
sizing
sizing
place first piece of leaf
place first piece of leaf
brush it into the sizing
brush it into the sizing
once everything is leafed, use your finger to really press the leaf into the sizing for a smooth finish
After
After
how to silver leaf, crafts
side tables with top leafed
side tables with top leafed
chrysanthemum leafed in copper
chrysanthemum leafed in copper
brass lamp base transformed  into a faux cracked mercury glass look using silver leaf, stained and sealed
brass lamp base transformed into a faux cracked mercury glass look using silver leaf, stained and sealed
Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Reposhture Studio - Kim

Jane- How cool is that that i know of all the places you lived and worked! I used to work for UPMC in Oakland. Michaels and Pat Catan's are where I have purchased the silver leaf and the sizing. It is usally with the spray paints.

• Jane

Thanks for the answer! I do not know of a "Pat Catan's". I will try Michaels.