Fix Your Hardwood Scratches This Minute!

This will take you only a minute with supplies you probably have in the house. Are you ready for the easiest tutorial ever??
My floors are all scratched up from various fun times in life. I am not about to move all my belongings and myself out for a week to get my floors refinished so I use this trick regularly to mask minor abrasions that happen along the way. It works awesome, I swear!
Take a nut and rub it hard on your scratch. I think any nut will do - I've tried several.
Brush away the crumbs.
Go have a glass of wine and cheers to me at all you accomplished in such a short period of time!!!
As the oil from the nut soaks into the wood the scratch will fade even more.
How easy was that!? Please don't forget to cheers to me :)
I'd love to share more with you if you'd like to visit my blog. I share healthy recipes and budget fashion ideas in addition to DIY's. Www.pinterestingplans.com

Rachel (@ pinterestingplans.com)

• Carol

My hardwood floor finish was poorly done. Now the finish is peeling up in spots. Is there something that I can do without moving out and having the floors re-done?

• Geri

rent a buffer and buff all the loose spots up vacuum well and use an acrylic sealer.

• Wanda Authement

Does this work on laminate floors as well?

• Jewellmartin

When our new laminate flooring got a scratch through the top stained layer, we were just sick. But I found a wood grain repair pen in the tool drawer. I had bought it years before, and it basically is an oil based permanent marker. One minute later the scrape was gone, and we have had no further damage during the last three years. And by the way, we chose laminate and it's built in padding because I have a bad back and feet. Laminate is much better for me than hardwood. 😇
  • Debi Darnell Martin

I have an inexpensive but very cute kitchen table. Truth be know, it's probably made out of some sort of poly/wood. Anyway, the traditional furniture markers won't touch the knicks. It knicks easily and is a beige under the surface!! Help!! I want to keep it!! Thanks!

• DCook

I use a product called Old English for scratch cover. Just wipe it on with an old rag and wipe off exceeds. It covers & polishes @the same time. It really can make your item look new again. Available wherever you buy furniture cleaning products. It really works.

• DCook

I use it on shelves, picture frames, wood tables, etc., without doing the whole thing. I don't see why you would need to do the whole thing. Read the label but I would try it.

• DCook

I believe it will work on just the spot. Read label directions but I use it on wood shelves, picture frames , spots on wood tables, etc., never have had to cover the whole thing.