Mosaic Tile Birdbath Using Recycled DVDs

$45

Have an old birdbath that could use a face lift? Here's an easy way to add some color to your garden and recycle some of those old DVDs too! (PLEASE NOTE: I've had a lot of people mention CDs, which were NOT used for this project. I used DVDs, which will give you a different result.) Be sure to stop by my blog so you can get all the details on the products and methods I used. Before you know it, you'll be

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Even with no experience in mosaics or tiling our bird bath face lift turned out just as I had hoped Now I m thinking about all the other things I could do gazing balls garden stakes water fountains etc The sky s the limit

Even with no experience in mosaics or tiling, our bird bath face lift turned out just as I had hoped. Now I'm thinking about all the other things I could do...gazing balls, garden stakes, water fountains, etc. The sky's the limit!

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, This is what we started with Our birdbath had taken a tumble shortly after we got it and stayed in pieces for three years until recently when my husband glued them back together with some clear silicone

This is what we started with. Our birdbath had taken a tumble shortly after we got it, and stayed in pieces for three years until recently when my husband glued them back together with some clear silicone.

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, After that I used J B WaterWeld to seal the cracks and make it water tight again It s my go to method for repairing things that will be wet or underwater It s also drinking water safe so you don t have to worry about its toxicity

After that, I used J-B WaterWeld to seal the cracks and make it water-tight again. It's my go-to method for repairing things that will be wet or underwater. It's also drinking water safe, so you don't have to worry about its toxicity.

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Did you know DVDs are constructed in two layers I separated the layers and cut up the shiny layer to achieve that stunning rainbow effect If you want a more subdued look use CDs instead

Did you know DVDs are constructed in two layers? I separated the layers and cut up the shiny layer to achieve that stunning rainbow effect. If you want a more subdued look, use CDs instead.

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, After sealing the cut DVD pieces to protect the shiny layer I used a strong clear flexible adhesive to attach them to the top and edges of the birdbath

After sealing the cut DVD pieces to protect the shiny layer, I used a strong, clear flexible adhesive to attach them to the top and edges of the birdbath.

mosaic tile birdbath using recycled dvds, crafts, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Covering all that work was a little scary to say the least I wasn t sure if I was using the right product and whether all that color that I loved so much would be ruined Thankfully it turned out even prettier than I imagined

Covering all that work was a little scary, to say the least. I wasn't sure if I was using the right product, and whether all that color that I loved so much would be ruined. Thankfully, it turned out even prettier than I imagined.

MeandMyDIY

• Tammy

Anybody have any ideas on what you can use for a bird bath. I don't have one. I'd love to do this

• Lesley Bradbury

I'm just starting to mosaic and started with cds which I'm liking I'm running out so bought some from local shop when I opened they aren't the lilac/purple!! I was so disappointed. The ones from Amazon how will I know? People have given me old ones but mainly silver (which can look nice just not the same) can you help please!!

• Laurie Gucinski

When it's really sunny does it get to warm for the birds? If it does, do they know they shouldn't go in?

• Patti

🤔 Birds are not stupid creatures. They can navigate cross country without mapquest, Siri, any other GPS or weather reports. They build nests from grasses, weeds, plastic, scraps of fabric. They can sense worms buried in the ground. I think they can figure out the temperature of the water in a pond or birdbath. 😉

• Wendy Vere

Wow!

I'd love to try this... we have little birdies swooping down every morning looking for scraps.... it would be nice to put up a little birdbath for these little beautiful creatures..

love this idea!!

Thanks for sharing.. :)

• Le'

Really really beautiful