Do You Know How to Stencil a Wall?

So my clients home was almost perfect but she had such a large wall that it was killing the cool vibe of her newly designed family room. This is the first room you see when you walk in. I decided that in order to match her home's design and to fill the dead space I needed to stencil a pattern on it! You may want to consider a stenciled wall pattern rather than wall paper because it is faster to do, goes on without the frustration or hassle of glue and other products, you can always paint right over it if your don't like it where with wall paper you have to tear it off before you can repaint. For those of you who like instant gratification, this is the project for you.
Watch the video below on how I start stenciled wall then groove my way to the beautiful ending!
Measure, mark, and go! Watch this video to learn how to start a stencil pattern on a large wall.
Tape up your stencil while you roll on the stencil. Make sure your pattern matches up!
save the ends and tricky corners for the end! You may need to bend your stencil to fit these tight spots.
Such a difference! Take any large wall and fill it! This gives a more grounded and interesting space than some artwork or some wall paper. Also less work and glue than wall paper!
The end :)

• Stencil  (http://www.royaldesignstudio.com/)
  • Paint  (http://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint/N-5yc1vZar2d)
  • Tape measure

To see more: http://www.karicaldwellstudios.com/

• James

Where do I buy stencils? Or the materials?

• Tara Slaughter Flinn

After you pick up the stencil with paint on one side I always have a problem keeping any paint from getting on any new spaces next to it, or too much paint sometimes will screw up the pattern. Any tips on fixing that?
    • 201195

Yes you may be a bit heavy on your application, and you may need to have a piece of card board to lay the stencil on backside up and wipe after each application :) 👌

• Hannah V

Beautiful! I love stenciled walls!

I hate wallpaper! Even modern wallpaper is a pain. And if you want a change, it has to be removed. Love the stencil idea. And if you don't like it at any time, just paint over it. Great idea and great job.