Before and After: A Unique Nautical Dresser

Such a fun and interesting piece! This dresser was brought to me by a client to be customized as a surprise gift to her mom. The dresser belonged to her grandma originally and was just waiting to have a little makeover done.
Love the sail boat on the inset panel, anchor pulls and the wheel detail at the bottom! So so neat!
Had some pretty good scratches on the top with a little water damage. My client wanted to lighten the piece up a lot but still have a wood/refinished top.
After stripping the top, I sanded it down to the bare wood
It looks very white here, but it's actually a mix of General Finishes Snow White and Miss Mustard Seeds Linen 50/50 mix.
I also had a wood worker make another turned knob for the wheel. We had to saw one off so he could make the last one the exact same size.
Distressed at the edges
Put this super fun anchor paper in the drawers!
Love that she picked this paper
The final result!! What a lovely piece to work on , I felt honored to give this unique dresser a facelift!

• Milk paint

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away

• Janet Booth

Aloha! I've never painted a finished furniture piece..What do you do to the existing finish before brushing on the milk paint? And where can I find milk paint??

• Selinadrakehohn

Did you know that painting this beautiful piece would make the sail ship pop? I never noticed it until I saw the finished product. Putting the little wheel knobs on was so wonderful! You really did a beautiful job painting this piece. The attention to detail is lovely.

• Selinadrakehohn

Andrea Dodd you are stuck in the eighties with that vocabulary I mean really, I haven't heard that expression since middle school and your manners child, where are your manners?

• Mel

so lucky to have a piece like that

• Lisa House

Nicely done, but there is something about it that is keeping me from loving it...can't decide exactly what it is...I think it is the angle of the legs, it is definitely a very unique piece and like I said, you did it justice. Thanks for sharing.