Paula Spoo
Paula Spoo
  • Estherville, IA

Looking for ideas on what to create from this carpet edging.

Nancy HatcherLinda EggenbergApril E
+11

We were recently given this leftover carpet wall edging and were looking for something creative and crafty ways to use this in some sort of craft project.
q looking for ideas on what to create from this carpet edging, crafts, flooring, repurposing upcycling
  • Kimberly Barney

It could be used as part of a sensory board for the blind or autistic. It could be used in doll houses as carpeting. It could be used to bind another carpet as an accent rug.

• Cindy Rodgerson

It could be used as a pin board for kids art, pictures, notes, etc.

• Gail Salminen

@Paula Spoo the first thing that comes to mind for me is a scratch pole/system for cats. It is a fairly neutral colour so would likely fit in any where and the thin strips would make it easy to wind around a pole.

• Linda

Thought about a wallet, then a purse to add to it. The edge could be two handles, for one purse.

• Terri

You could put along the walls of the garage so when you open your car door, it doesn't hit the wall!

• Blue Kelly

in certain houses it could be layered on an outside wall to keep it warmer. you would just need to vacuum your wall once in a while.

• Coleen R

What about weaving it into one of the storage cube/basket/boxes I have been seeing on Pinterest? The outside of the container could be the carpet side and it could be placed on a wooden surface and not mar the surface....

• Carol Lindahl

I like the cat scratcher idea. My furs like to rub against wall corners, so would glue two strips on either side of the wall, joining at the corner, which could easily be vacuumed when needed.

• Niki Hart

I would weave strips of it to make area or throw rugs!

• Louise L

line your toilet seat with it..soft place to land.. lol just kidding... I like the cat scratcher idea or use for pads under furniture.

• Bonny Andrilla

Cat scratches. YA

• April E

it could be glued to plywood to make a very interesting frame. could also use it to make comfy knee pads for in the garden, it could line cabinets that have fine china so they have a soft spot could even use squares of it in between plates and bowls to protect them

• Linda Eggenberg

Glue on rungs of a short step-ladder. Use under washer corners if washer is unbalanced. Line a wire shelf to keep things from falling through. Cover a short box, like beer box size, to make a fancy cat bed or litter box. Carpet for a doll house. I'm confident you'll find a perfect use.

• Nancy Hatcher

Use it as edging around a flower bed.