Drop Cloth Spray Paint Rug

$20

I took a plain old canvas drop cloth and turned it into a colorful rug with a little spray paint. All it takes is some measuring, patiently taping off the pattern and then spray away.
Very few supplies and very little time go into this project
Pick your colors and lay them out for a visual or use graph paper to see how your idea looks
Finished project is great for garages and outdoor spaces where you need an inexpensive rug.
Witwisdomfood

• Mammaw

I love the colors also. But does it stay flat? Could possibly have safety issues . If it was outside on the deck the wind would blow it very easily because it would be so light.
  • Jeannie Carle

Does this need to be sealed??? I would personally be using it inside.
  • Kim Taylor

Do you need to wash the drop cloth before painting it and would this hold up on an outside covered porch? Thank you

• Witwisdomfood

I washed it just to be safe and ours held up in the garage so I would think it should hold up on a covered patio.

• Valerie

I love the colors you have used!

• Jackie Ostrander

What about staying completely flat

• Witwisdomfood

I believe I taped it

down with double sided tape. Honestly, I didn’t use it long enough to know how it held up. We moved shortly after and didn’t take it in the move.