Bernice H
Bernice H
  • Woodburn, OR
Asked on Apr 10, 2012

Texas bluebells...beautiful!

Ginger LoweShirley ShelburnJan Stroh
+40

My friend in Texas, Tamara sent these pictures. These are bluebells. How wonderful to see beautiful flowers as far as the eye can see.
Beautiful?
Beautiful?
Lovely?
Lovely?
  • Bernice H

Another bluebell in Texas picture. Enjoy!

q texas bluebells beautiful, flowers, gardening, Another one
  • Miriam I

Bernice, these are unbelievable. Thank you so much for sharing!

• These are fab pictures - would make great screensaver backgrounds on a laptop or cover pic for a facebook page!

• KMS Woodworks

Wow...I guess texas is not just oil wells and sagebrush...LOL

• Betty

Can bluebells grow in GA

• What a great looking field. And one of my favorite colors

• Tamara B

They are called BLUEBONNETS -- thank you so much for posting them!!!Tam, your textralian friend

• Ana M

gorgeous!!!!

• Bernice H

OOps! Of course you are right Tam, BlueBONNETTS not bluebells...see . What do I know? I just know they are loverlly!

• Teresa D

They are blue-tiful!

• Sherrie S

Bernice H, Blue whatever are gorgeous. I also like the golden dog. What a beautiful picture.

• Jan Britt Interiors

I just saw these bluebells in Texas myself. They are unbelievably beautiful in person.

There's nothing like a big swath of blue in spring whether it be bluebonnets in Texas, bluebells in Virginia or English bluebells.

• Wendy B

wow!

• Laura S

When I was little we lived in a small town called Dickinson, TX. I miss these flowers and the Indian Paintbrush. So pretty

• Dennie S

Garden of Eden!!

• Erica Glasener

They are even more beautiful in person.

• Ann W

wow

• Mary Alice M

I love blue bonnets! This year we've an abundance of them out on the highways outside of S.A. Tx., and they are growing like crazy inside the city as well!!

• A neighbor years ago had a 10 acre plot filled with blue flowers...he used to park a boat in the middle of it and you'd swear from a distance that you were looking at a lake

• Bernice H

@ Handy Andy...I would have loved to have seen that! Sounds awesome and breathtaking. I am so happy all of you are enjoying the Bluebonnets, as I did. Thanks for sharing your comments.

• Beth at Unskinny Boppy

Ahhh that looks stunning. They are a site to behold.

• Sun79032

They're Bluebonnets, not bluebells. Those are a different flower. Here in Tx. we see these first every spring. They are beautiful. Thanks, Ladybird!

• Bernice H

@Diane ...what do you mean? Ladybird Johnson planted these? Not by herself of course, but do you have a little history here on Bluebonnets?

• Trish Thornton

These are called bluebonnets!

• Erica Glasener

For anyone interested the botanical name is Lupinus texensis (a type of lupine)

• Betty

So can they grow in GA

• Joan R

Yes, if you are not in the mountains. They grow in the Piedmont area of Virginia.

• Lora S

Heard on the news, here in Texas, recently, to be careful where you plop your kids down for their annual 'sitting in the bluebonnets" picture because the snakes are abundant this year! :)

• Cindy M

Very Wow, so beautiful.

• Irene

nope, they are not bluebells but BLUEBONNETS!!

• Bernice H

Miriam has posted a more magnificent picture of bluebonnets..she also has a picture of rattlers in them that she hasnt posted yet, i think.

• Sun79032

@Bernice H, Ladybird Johnson was the one to start our state with the beautiful wildflowers such as Bluebonnets. There are roads that have different wildflowers growing all year, but the Blluebonnets seem to be the favorites and the most plentiful. After the bluebonnets are gone there are other wildflowers that bloom. In some areas along the major roadways, mowing the medians cannot be done until the last of the wildflowers bloom. Yes, depending on where you are, you must be careful of snakes and other creatures lurking about. Never good to step into someplace you cannot see well.

• Bernice H

Thanks Diane, when did she do this, how extensive was it? Wasnt she the one who got bill boards banned? Not sure!

• Bernice H

Oh and Diane , love LOVE the kitty face, is he/she yours?

• Sun79032

@Bernice, Yes, she was ours for about 8 years until she developed a severe allergy to food. Yes, this is a real thing in cats. She went from 14 lbs to 7.5 over a period of 6 months while we did testing & tried every type of food we could find. It was a blessing when we finally put her down last year. I thot I had already answered you, but I don't see it here...I don't remember when she did it & it was state wide. Not sure about the billboards. Maybe a google search will turn up answers for you?????

• Bernice H

Oh Diane, I am so sorry to hear that. 6 months is a long time to worry and care for a kitty who can't tell you what is going in. My black chichi is 18, she is in good health, but we always wonder....anyway, yours has such a sweet face! Love her!

• Julie Warren

They aren't bluebells. They are BLUEBONNETS!!

• Bernice H

@Julie Warren yes thank you , I was wrong , so many have informed me...however on the news last night I saw some children romping through the bluebonnets,and I couldn't help think of the picture I posted of the great big big snake in the bluebonnets...yikes.

• Lois Franklin

Yes, they are Texas Bluebonnets and the little shocks of red/orange in the first picture are Indian Paintbrush. Found some on the place I bought this past year and now, after being in Texas for more than 45 years, I've got Bluebonnets of my own! LOL!

• Jan Stroh

These are Bluebonnets, not Blue Bells. Thanks you.

• Shirley Shelburn

Bluebonnets!! Not bluebells. We also have pink and white in Texas.

• Ginger Lowe

They are Indian paintbrush