Spruced Up Coffee Station and Hanging K-Cup Holder

$5

I carved out a coffee station in our kitchen by hanging (free!) DIY art and a k-cup holder right on the kitchen tile.
A trick for hanging pictures on tile
I wanted to spruce up the corner of our kitchen where our coffee maker is with some art, but didn't want to spend a lot of money. So I made a little sign out of a shoebox lid.
First, I sprayed the shoebox lid black. Then I stenciled on the word "coffee" with a Sharpie paint pen.
Now...how to hang it? I thought about Velcro and 3M hooks but when I was searching in our basement for other options, I found a box of little suction cups. These would not only work to hang my coffee sign, but they gave me another idea!
Hanging art on tile
As you can see, I rotated the hook on the suction cup so that it was at the top and hung the shoebox lid on it. It worked perfectly!
diy coffee art
Then I used 2 more suction cups to hang a wire basket under the sign to hold k-cups. This was a bonus I hadn't counted on at the beginning of my project!
Hanging K-cup holder
I love having our k-cups handy right next to the coffee maker, and the whole thing looks great next to my lazy susan coffee station.
More details on how I lettered my coffee sign can be found in my linked post. I use a pencil transfer technique that's sooo simple and doesn't require any special tools.
More about my lazy susan coffee station can be found here.

• Shoebox lid
  • Spray paint
  • Small suction cups with hooks  (Ace Hardware)
Valerie Ott

• Jewellmartin

I love these two practical and attractive suction cup ideas, and I Pinned them. But when I followed the thread to the lazy Susan coffee mug idea, I couldn't find a way to Pin that. I am following you on Pinterest now, but which board has this idea?

• Jane R.

Was your shoebox lid paper or a plastic storage shoebox lid? This is so cute.

• Jane R.

• Valerie Ott

It was cardboard, but it was covered in a glossy-type of paper. I'm glad you liked it!