Easy Iron Cleaning 101 - The Pressing News

288K Views
When your iron needs a good cleaning, there's no need to buy anything special. Use these two products you most likely already have in your home.
  • easy iron cleaning 101 the pressing news, cleaning tips
After an experience with an outdoor fabric melting under my iron plate, I was motivated to find the easiest way to get it clean.
This melted fabric coloring and previous grime came right off my iron plate. Here's how to clean yours, too.
The first step is to spray a little Goo Gone onto a paper towel and rub over the melted fabric stain. It comes right off onto your paper towel. DON'T, under any circumstances, spray Goo Gone directly onto your iron plate!
With the melted fabric gone, dip a Mr. Clean Magic pad into warm water and squeeze out 75%. You want it a little wet but not drippy.
Place it "white side up" over an old hand towel that's folded twice. Lay across your ironing board.
With your iron heated, run over the wet sponge's white side. Don't linger long enough to dry out the pad and burn it. Just quick swipes back and forth is enough to do the trick.
All clean! :-)

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of June 11, 2018 11:39 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
163172

• Ju An
    Ju An Plumerville, AR

Good to know. Thanks for sharing!

• Wri4687505
      Wri4687505

My son was told in his Haz Mat course that those Magic sponges are highly toxic, so make sure you use gloves and don't reuse that hand towel.

• Den13695589
          Den13695589

Dangerous Chemicals in Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Do Mr. Clean Magic Erasers contain dangerous chemicals? 1K CLAIM: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers have been banned from stores because the product contains formaldehyde. STATUS: FALSE. According to Snopes.