Easy Iron Cleaning 101 - The Pressing News

When your iron needs a good cleaning, there's no need to buy anything special. Use these two products you most likely already have in your home.
easy iron cleaning 101 the pressing news, cleaning tips
After an experience with an outdoor fabric melting under my iron plate, I was motivated to find the easiest way to get it clean.
This melted fabric coloring and previous grime came right off my iron plate. Here's how to clean yours, too.
The first step is to spray a little Goo Gone onto a paper towel and rub over the melted fabric stain. It comes right off onto your paper towel. DON'T, under any circumstances, spray Goo Gone directly onto your iron plate!
With the melted fabric gone, dip a Mr. Clean Magic pad into warm water and squeeze out 75%. You want it a little wet but not drippy.
Place it "white side up" over an old hand towel that's folded twice. Lay across your ironing board.
With your iron heated, run over the wet sponge's white side. Don't linger long enough to dry out the pad and burn it. Just quick swipes back and forth is enough to do the trick.
All clean! :-)
163172

• Mary

I love to Iron, I find it so relaxing and rewarding. Like the tip. I always have GooGone, a household staple, as are the Mr Clean sponges. I actually have the items in a Hometalk DIY!

• Qnj22815012

I take a white candle with warm iron with a cloth handy past the candle to iron and wipe fast and it be like new