Debi M
Debi M
  • Washington, NC

Deck and Patio

When a hurricane hit us last August,there was a lot of damage. When we begain putting things back together we added and changed a lot of things. We have an entry from the master bedroom that leads to the deck & patio. Having moved from the Southwest to NC I found myself missing the desert, so I created my own. Our hot tub sits in the deck. We put in a new gazebo, added a section of fence so we could have a shar pei free area. No more dogs joining us in the hot tub, lol. Flower beds will soon be sprouting hostas along side of the dining area and caladiums will grace the area under the pecan tree A planting bench is connected to the house with access to the watering hose. I found metal wall art from yard sales. Extra seating came from a business that was remodeling. Our table and chairs is a reclaimed set with new paint and cushions. A good friend helped with the labor intensive part and this morning we began the finishing touches. We look forward to enjoying this area this summer and pray that we don't have another hurricane to hit us.
View from the "new" gate on the fence we just added.  The gate was a find and the fence was donated to us.
View from the "new" gate on the fence we just added. The gate was a find and the fence was donated to us.
My hubby kids me that I cannot stand a bare wall and I guess he's right.  We found southwest metal wall art at yard sales, estate sales etc.  Here you can see my potting area at the corner of our "oasis"
My hubby kids me that I cannot stand a bare wall and I guess he's right. We found southwest metal wall art at yard sales, estate sales etc. Here you can see my potting area at the corner of our "oasis"
Having moved from the Southwest to eastern NC, I needed a desert fix, so I created one.
The gazebo is a great place to enjoy summer barbecues
Our reclaimed patio furniture has a new coat of paint & new cushions found at the end of the summer last season for 50% off...plus a 15% coupon.  Love deals like that
Our reclaimed patio furniture has a new coat of paint & new cushions found at the end of the summer last season for 50% off...plus a 15% coupon. Love deals like that
The tree that fell on the house ruined the deck, but hubby, handyman that he is repaired it.  Thankfully the hot tub was saved by the cover, which was ruined, but we found a new cover to replace it.  The "new" screen door is awesome, now we can leave the door open to enjoy all of the jasmine that will soon be blooming.This was an old screen door.  It was painted and hubby installed the new pet proof screening in it, which is also shaded to help with blinding light that comes in
The tree that fell on the house ruined the deck, but hubby, handyman that he is repaired it. Thankfully the hot tub was saved by the cover, which was ruined, but we found a new cover to replace it. The "new" screen door is awesome, now we can leave the door open to enjoy all of the jasmine that will soon be blooming.This was an old screen door. It was painted and hubby installed the new pet proof screening in it, which is also shaded to help with blinding light that comes in
The walkway that we put in is a simple one of sand and 16" blocks, which separates the grassy area from my "desert"  I've loved this project.  I'm sorry it took a hurricane to do this and hope we never have to do this again, but we do look forward to spending a lot of time here this summer.  We had the deck area, and the concrete area was poured, but now it really "pop" with all of the new and reclaimed additions
The walkway that we put in is a simple one of sand and 16" blocks, which separates the grassy area from my "desert" I've loved this project. I'm sorry it took a hurricane to do this and hope we never have to do this again, but we do look forward to spending a lot of time here this summer. We had the deck area, and the concrete area was poured, but now it really "pop" with all of the new and reclaimed additions
Debi M