Lynn C.
Lynn C.
  • Deltona, FL
Asked on Apr 10, 2012

What is the best price per square foot to have lawn killed, then removed, and then sodded with floratam? Thanks

Wanda sinnemaLynn C.Sherrie S
+3

• Melissa G

We were quoted between $1 and $1.80 per square foot to have our 1650-square-foot front lawn entirely redone -- tilled, leveled, new top soil put down, then sodded with fescue. I know it's not the same as what you're after, but perhaps it can still give you an idea.

• Lynn C.

Melissa i have a quote of .81 per square foot so far. Thanks for replying

• Lynn C.

Would appreciate more answers.

• Sherrie S

Lynn, I had an excellent company spray, use a sod cutter to remove turf and install bahia. Cost .60 per sq ft. Yard was 7447 sq ft. I live in Debary, very near your home. I got Bahia because it is easy to care for.

• Lynn C.

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Wanda sinnema

If your grass is in good shape, if it is, why kill it? Many first time home owners with no landscaping might LOVE to do it, a little sweat equity, and a sod cutter, a week-end. It would cut your cost quite a bit. I for one hate to see something trashed if someone else can use it. Not to mention the chemicals. I understand less or no grass issue.