Michelle W
Michelle W
  • New Zealand

Burlap/hessian shedding

Tammie HousleyDora CervantesMichelle W
+3

I read somewhere that you can use Mod Podge to stop burlap/hessian from shedding its fibres, anyone know if this is true or what I could use ? I want to cover a footstool and I don't want it making a mess. Thank you
  • Patricia W

Give it a try, I would love to know!

• Michelle W

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Michelle W

I have an answer - Amy from http://modpodgerocks.com very kindly replied to my question on her blog and yes it will work, she suggested "hard coat" and I'll be trying that out asap. Just thought I would let you all know too. Happy Days !!!!

• Dora Cervantes

I went on to the website and couldn't find the information. Any way you can a link to the post location? Much appreciated.

• Michelle W

@Dora Cervantes Hi I tried the Mod Podge thing and it really didn't work, I have not tired anything else yet. Sorry I can't find which website I saw it on. Perhaps just trial and error ?

• Tammie Housley

Yes it will work but it will make any fabric it stiff and hard. Mod Podge is basically watered-down glue so it glues the fibers together so might not be the best choice for use on a footstool.