From Crappy Sawhorse to Creative Coffee Table... Vintage Style!

It's a true sign of summer approaching when you've pressure washed the back patio!
We couldn't wait a moment longer... within hours, my son and I enjoyed lunch out there... but using a crappy old sawhorse for a coffee table was a fix that was a little too quick!
We needed to ramp up our experience.
With the quick addition of a little pallet wood and a cool stencil, this did the trick!
Here's how...
Coffee time has never been more rustically creative, thanks to an old sawhorse, pallet wood, and a couple of cool stencils!
It all started with a beat up old sawhorse. Nothing too special here, but it was a really great size for a coffee table.
Let's ramp this up!
Pallet wood was cut to size, then screwed directly to the top, leaving the authentic edges intact.
A quick stencil added some vintage market flair in minutes!
(stencil info below)
Some cool old gate styled coasters were made from scrap wood, old hinges, marked with stencils for a crate appearance.
Find coaster tutorial HERE
How do you take your coffee? :)
Vintage Market is part of my own collection of Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils.
Find the stencils HERE

• Old sawhorse
  • Pallet wood
  • Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils

Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Elaine DeLong-fuehrer

how do u come up with these ideas? part of being a crafter is having ideas! ive been fb-ing all ur ideas to my sisters and friends. Ur garden Junk is quite nice, U allow for the weather to bring out the natural color..what ever it is. and let the Flowers be the color of the gardens. i have a hard time with junk in the garden,..to me it just looks like junk..but i can say im enjoying ur posts!

• @Elaine DeLong-fuehrer thanks so much! I honestly just wing everything I do. I decide what I need, then travel to my junk pile, and start pulling stuff out. Then walk through the house and somehow make it work. Same with the garden. I treat it as if it was an interior space, decorating a section at a time, whether it's plants or junk! :) My best advice is to not be afraid to try things that may seem out of place. Trying is free, so may as well play and have fun!

• Lisa House

Beautiful and the coasters are genius!