From Crappy Sawhorse to Creative Coffee Table... Vintage Style!

It's a true sign of summer approaching when you've pressure washed the back patio!
We couldn't wait a moment longer... within hours, my son and I enjoyed lunch out there... but using a crappy old sawhorse for a coffee table was a fix that was a little too quick!
We needed to ramp up our experience.
With the quick addition of a little pallet wood and a cool stencil, this did the trick!
Here's how...
from crappy sawhorse to creative coffee table vintage style, diy, outdoor furniture, pallet, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
Coffee time has never been more rustically creative, thanks to an old sawhorse, pallet wood, and a couple of cool stencils!
It all started with a beat up old sawhorse. Nothing too special here, but it was a really great size for a coffee table.
Let's ramp this up!
Pallet wood was cut to size, then screwed directly to the top, leaving the authentic edges intact.
A quick stencil added some vintage market flair in minutes!
(stencil info below)
Some cool old gate styled coasters were made from scrap wood, old hinges, marked with stencils for a crate appearance.
Find coaster tutorial HERE
How do you take your coffee? :)
Vintage Market is part of my own collection of Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils.
Find the stencils HERE

• Old sawhorse
  • Pallet wood
  • Funky Junk's Old Sign Stencils
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Elaine DeLong-fuehrer

how do u come up with these ideas? part of being a crafter is having ideas! ive been fb-ing all ur ideas to my sisters and friends. Ur garden Junk is quite nice, U allow for the weather to bring out the natural color..what ever it is. and let the Flowers be the color of the gardens. i have a hard time with junk in the garden,..to me it just looks like junk..but i can say im enjoying ur posts!

• @Elaine DeLong-fuehrer thanks so much! I honestly just wing everything I do. I decide what I need, then travel to my junk pile, and start pulling stuff out. Then walk through the house and somehow make it work. Same with the garden. I treat it as if it was an interior space, decorating a section at a time, whether it's plants or junk! :) My best advice is to not be afraid to try things that may seem out of place. Trying is free, so may as well play and have fun!

• Lisa House

Beautiful and the coasters are genius!