File Cabinet Re-purpose Into a Mock Printer's Cabinet for Storage

Found this Pottery Barn file cabinet on Craig's List for $100. I have no use for another file cabinet, but did need a storage cabinet for my dining area for linens, serving pieces, etc., but couldn't fit anything too large, and the plain white didn't suit me. I'm replacing the mid-century entertainment center in the back of the room (behind the table) with this piece for a pop of color. Plain old latex wall paint, some glaze and a few hours turned this into the perfect stylish storage I've been searching for.
After
Before

• Lynn

So the piece was actually a two drawer bureau?

• Leslie D

@Lynn Yes, it was a two-drawer file cabinet, and still functions as one.

• Belinda

I have a pressed wood, covered with thick vinyl that is in good shape. What I said the best way to refinish the surface? Paint? What kind? Cover with contact paper?

• Belinda

• Belinda

• Belinda

• Belinda

• Belinda