The Weathered Door
The Weathered Door
  • Duvall, WA

Use Paintable Wallpaper to Cover Ruined Furniture Tops

I bought a dresser off craigslist that had a great style, but the top was ruined and paint or stain was not going to hide it. Using a high performance adhesive, I attached the wallpaper, then painted it so it blended with the rest of the dresser. It adds some texture and interest to the top and gives the piece a whole new look!
Painting the wallpaper ties it in with the whole piece.
The wallpaper adds some interest and texture to the top of the dresser.
Get a good adhesive. I used Loctite high performance spray adhesive.
use paintable wallpaper to cover ruined furniture tops, painted furniture
The Weathered Door

• Brmoorhouse

Regarding your post about using paintable, textured wallpaper on top of a dresser... did you use a finish on top of the paint on top to protect it?

• April Floyd

I appreciate you showing us this! I have been known to redo old, worn out furniture. I had a beautiful nightstand that I purchased my daughter. After stripping, sanding, staining and resealing the nightstand, I couldn't get over the fact that the top was a different wood (the wood veneer was flaking off so I took it completely off). I didn't know what I wanted to do to "fix" it so I bought my daughter a place mat that matched her room decor and told her to use it on the top. NOW, I think I'm gonna hunt for some freebie textured wallpaper and put on the top. Thanks! This has been a "problem" on my mind for a few years now and now I have a solution!

• Ter28597530

I am desperately trying to find this paper that you used (the floral scroll paintable paper) . I used it for my crown molding in my living room and dining room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.