Springtime Concrete Painted Planter

$10.00

Are you ready for spring? I am! I couldn't wait to get a few new things on my patio and decided to make these cute planters to spruce things up a bit. A little paint and some plants and your are ready to go.
I started out with 2 cement blocks purchased at Lowes. I cleaned them up with a stiff bristle brush and then sprayed them with paint that was about the same color as the blocks themselves.
I found this stencil at Lowes.com, but anything will work as long as it fits on the block. I cut out my pieces and then attached them using tape. Make sure your edges are down tightly.
I spray painted the whole thing turquoise, using two coats of paint. I also did the sides and back.
I had some number stencils, so I did my second block with our address.
I carefully removed the paper stencils and then sprayed the whole thing with clear varnish. I added some plants and they were all done! You can see more on my blog at HomeontheCorner.com.

15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Pam Smith

• Terri
    Terri

What do u put on bottom of cedar block to prevent dirt from falling out? Thank u

• Terri
      Terri

Thank I forgot I asked this question it’s been so long

• Carol Ann Johns
    Carol Ann Johns

hOME OF Walmart?

• Julie Schell
    Julie Schell

What kind of plants can grow in cinder blocks I’ve had so many die.

• Ellis
      Ellis

Cinder blocks can make the soil alkaline (any cement planter can have that effect). Use plants that don't need acid soil, or use a plastic pot inside the cinder block for your plant.

• Beulah
    Beulah

I am wondering what you did to keep the blocks looking like usually where you join them will show plus what keeps them from coming apart. Unless I missed that part

• RC Leach
      RC Leach

I think they are used separately. That's the way she shows them

• Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

Cute idea!