Jill B
Jill B
  • Bismarck, ND

Outdoor Scrabbleboard

I fell in love with an outdoor scrabble board that I saw on Pinterest because I am addicted to scrabble and words with friends. The one I saw however was scored into concrete. I just couldn't see doing all that work and not being able to take it with me if we would ever move. Plus I really thought it would be a great conversation piece and something my kids and grandkids could enjoy someday. It turned out to be a tedious project, but I am super pleased with the end result. The board was pretty easy. I just penciled in the lines for each space, then I scored it with a circular saw. I painted it with craft paint and wrote in the double and triple word spaces, sanded it and sealed it with mod podge. The tiles were a bit painful. I had to cut each one, sand them, cut out the letters on my Cricut machine, then seal them several times, because I wanted them to last. A month of working on it off and on...Woolah! Complete.
Handmade scrabble board
Handmade scrabble board
Scrabble board on my pallet table
Scrabble board on my pallet table

• FreidaJ

Do you have a blog post with instructions or basically what you give here, just sitting on pallet table? Really awesome idea for creating family fun!

• Jill B

Wow, I am so sorry I missed this. But I do not have a blog.

• RayRay

I think this is pretty brilliant!

• AuntieBetty065

I could see this done on an up-scaled (recycle) coffee table. Also make a drawer underneath to store the letters blocks. Great way to get kids interested in words!

• Jill B

GREAT IDEA. it is hard to keep everything together.