DIY Wooden Sign for Laundry Room Tutorial

I try to avoid my laundry room as much as I can mainly because I don't like doing laundry, but also because it is such a boring space! I am trying to change that by adding some decor, starting with this wooden sign. I hope you enjoy the tutorial and please be sure to go to the link at the bottom for full instructions.
STEP 1
To begin, you will need a 2 x 10 piece of wood. It doesn’t matter how long the one you purchase is, because you will be cutting it down to size anyway. I cut mine down to 25 inches and it fit perfectly on the wall in my laundry area.
STEP 2
The next step is to sand the piece of wood so that it is pretty smooth and without rough corners.
STEP 3
Once you have cut and sanded the wood, it is time to stain (or paint) it. I used dark walnut stain, and it turned out great. You can use paint as well if you want to do a different color. I chose stain, because many of the DIY home decor projects that I did throughout the rest of my home use the same color stain. After staining or painting, let it dry until no wet paint or stain remains.
To see the rest of this tutorial, click on the link below!

Charbel Barker

• Hannah V

Haha too cute! I need that for me and my laundry alone!

• Kate

This may be the first sign I actually want for our home! (Maybe I've been around the site long enough to start getting the sign love.)