Linda T
Linda T
  • Lilburn, GA

Aphids

Doyle Tami HarmonHeather BartonLaura Huckaba
+10

Does anyone know how to get rid of aphids naturally? Hate those chemicals!
  • KMS Woodworks

ladybugs, and some insecticide soaps are a couple I have used. Are you working with indoor or outdoor plants?

• Linda T

Outdoor plants. Where do you get ladybugs? and thanks.

• Linda T

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Adrienne Sajecki

Those are the two best ways to get rid of Aphids, You can order Ladybugs here http://www.gardeners.com. They will eat a few then lay eggs, the larve eat the most aphids.

• Linda T

Thanks so much.

• KMS Woodworks

I got my lady bugs from a local flowershop / greenhouse.

• Mary L

I just run my finger down and squish them. Of course, if you have a kajillion of them, it's not too practical.

• I heard that dish soap mixed with water in a spray bottle sprayed on the underside of the leaves should do the trick.

• Linda T

Thank you all.

• Becky - Clover and Thyme

I have had great luck with banana peels. Chop them finely and place them around the affected plant, just under the surface of the soil.

• Laura Huckaba

I love to mash the aphid with my thumb and finger. There is something so visceral about getting rid of those suckers!!!

• Heather Barton

The spraying of soapy water sometimes works but I've had the most success Neem oil.

• Doyle Tami Harmon

In the morning, set your hose sprayer on stream and turn it up full blast and hit the infested area of the plant with the stream of water. You will have to repeat this over the summer, but no chemicals are involved. Also, Jerry Baker has a book on home made gardening solutions and I have found his recipes to be most helpful. You can find it on Amazon. Happy bug hunting!!!