Old Tool Box Turned Crafting /Wrapping Station Storage!

My husband has so many tools! That he had to graduate to a tall free standing tool chest for all of his toys! In very good shape and needed a girly make over!
My mission starts with cleaning it.
I choose to use Valspar cream color paint/primer.I only needed 1 can for this.
Here it is, the red is gone. To take it a step further I had some lovely floral adhesive stickers that I had on hand.
With the stickers applied, I wanted to some how give it an older/ antique look by using craft paints .Because of it's light colored construction, 3 colors were chosen for this technique (grey,tan, and vanilla craft paints). To apply the paints, it works the best with sea sponge.With your sponge and scrape paper to test your paints,just lightly press into paint . Dab on paper in between applying to your box randomly applying grey first,tan second, vanilla last.
This is before antiquing process. You can choose to leave this as is and apply a sealer!
I wanted my new/old tool box to appear floral with an antique look. A sealer was added ( Satin) after the antiquing .
Now with my tension rods and this locker set from the dollar store the inside was constructed.
This has crafting items added. You can feel your box with any items for crafting,tools,toys or with the top open as a flower box! Hmmmmmmm! This is good for those who have space and storage issues.This box also travels well! Thanks for coming by!!!!

• Valspar paint/primer paint& satin sealer  (Lowes)
  • 3 craft paints & sea sponge  (Michaels/ had on hand)
  • Locker set & Tension rods  (Dollar Store)

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Ana illausky

• Tinkerbellabell
    Tinkerbellabell

Wow, I’m inspired d for sure. I have crafty type items spread out all over my house. It’s causing problems with my husband. He’s tired of it and wants the items contained. I think I need my own craft shed but that’s not a possible choice. I have an a amtique suitcase with a train bag with it. I am thinking I can use your ideas on the suitcases and it might get me out of the dog house.

Where did you find your rose stickers? I love roses. I love your toolbox and may have to find one of those also. I’m t looks perfect for ribbons and my sewing items that I also use while crafty. Thanks. Beautiful Crafting Box. Janice

• Susan Zimmerman
    Susan Zimmerman

I have a bunch of small toolboxes in the garage b/now the upright chest is in their place. I think I’ve found some projects for my granddaughter and I to do with them!