Semi DIY Spring Wreath

I made this sweet little Spring wreath for less than $10! A month ago , I lost my job. We are on a tight budget, but with all the free time I have on my hands, its hard not to be crafty, its what I love to do most!
I wanted to make a Spring wreath for the front door, but didn't have a wreath form to start with and I knew I couldn't just go to Hobby Lobby or Michael's and load my basket like I usually do. I figured I'd check the local thrift stores for a used one.
Before my thrift shop adventure, I had to stop at CVS to pickup a few things we needed and just could not resist looking at all their Easter goodies that were marked down to 75% off original price. This cute wreath was marked $12.99, I got it for $3.25! Woohoo! Score!
To me, the wreath needed some blooms to make it look more Springy, so I found these flowers at Walmart for .97 each, I got two stems to make sure I had plenty of blooms to fill in the blank spots. I removed the flowers from the stems and just placed them on the wreath where I thought it needed one and then one by one, I used my hot glue gun on the low setting to add the flowers in.
Visit our blog to see how I altered this sweet bird to match my wreath. You can also find out how CHEAP my wreath really was in the end! Thanks for looking!

• Pre-made wreath  (CVS)
  • Silk flowers  (Walmart)
  • Resin bird  (Dollar General)

DeeDee

• Barb Rosen

Now that was a real deal and you made a gorgeous wreath!

• Mickey Baron

BEST time to shop, after the holiday when they go 75%! Very cute little birdie :)

• Mickey Baron

@Clover House, DeeDee I just found a broken up Easter sign, with wooden letters. Because it was all cracked up, yet, ("fixable" in my eyes) it was 1.00! I can hardly wait for Easter to get here! lol