Ribbon Storage

Storage for crafting supplies is always at a premium and if you use tons of ribbon, you know how difficult storing it can be. I'm Kelly from Under a Texas Sky (underatexassky.com) and here's my solution:
My Mean Man attaching wire spice racks
We built a new house in June 2015 which included a fabulous craft room space. I was trying to find an innovative way to store all of the ribbon I use for my custom wreaths. While wandering through Lowe's looking for kitchen accessories, I saw some wire spice racks (the kind that attach to the back of a cabinet or pantry door) and inspiration struck. So I bought one. When I got it home, I kind of propped it against the wall and set a roll of ribbon into the top shelf. IT WORKED! I had my husband (who is lovingly known as The Mean Man) attach six of them to the wall, two columns, three on each side, leaving the same space between racks as they had between each shelf.
We attached a grid wall next to the racks to hold brackets to store wreath forms and other hanging items and then I loaded them up. The result is fantastic!
Here's a close up of the filled racks.
Now, you can't really store ribbon rolls with a really wide circumference, but for average rolls, this is a great solution.

• Style Selections Coated Wire Shelf  (Lowes)

Under a Texas Sky

• Linda Mason

Where did you find the wire spice racks?

• Maryinrockport

What kind of screws did you used. I have the racks but don't know what kind of screws to use.

• Linda Lueckenhoff

Maryinrockport If you are talking about hanging them on peg boards instead of screwing into the wall, that will probably work. You might have to try a couple different kinds of pegboard hooks to see which work the best.

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

ok, I have to have that butterfly ribbon!!!! Where did you procure that??? Omg I'm loving it!!!
    • Donna Albrecht

Just type Butterfly Crafting Ribbon into the WWW. line and you will get thousands of choices.

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

Love this! my son says I'm a ribbon hoarder and he's not wrong. I love ribbon! You can spiffy up anything with a bow right? lol I have ribbon all over the house so I really need a whole wall dedicated to ribbon, trims, tulle, and duct tape!! This should work! I love the grid you used to hang up wreath forms and etc crafting items that are hard to store. My problem is i forget what I have because Out of sight out of mind so if I can see it like this maybe I wont be a craft hoarder anymore.. doubt it though! Great idea!
    • Under a Texas Sky

Jess- I was the same way. I tried to be super organized- but I'd forget the things that were stored behind the things I could see. And yes, everything is made better with a bow!!
  • Carol Prim

Great idea...I have a stacked rolly cart,I took old file folder hangers and used those to hold my ribbon rolls inside the drawers. Works great and I just push the drawer shut after I take what I need. I did have to bend the ends of the hangers a bit but that worked great too it holds them right in the drawer so the ribbon roll will actually spin a bit.