DIY Arched Tudor Door!

When we moved into our house a couple of years ago, we made some big changes and made a big to-do list for later! The house was a bit neglected and in need of some TLC ...since it had some elements taken from traditional Brick Tudor homes, we decided to accentuate that style as we made improvements. The front door & door frame is probably my favorite DIY so far! Wanna see how he did it? :)
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects
Here's the beautiful finished door/door frame...
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, First he built the arch which was a whole lot more involved than I dreamed
First he built the arch which was a whole lot more involved than I dreamed!
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, The entire process took 4 months of weekends he went really slow on this project which is totally unlike him
The entire process took 4 months of weekends...he went really slow on this project which is totally unlike him :)
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, On the morning of the install we took out the existing door and door frame all I could think was this has GOT to fit
On the morning of the install we took out the existing door and door frame...all I could think was..."this has GOT to fit"
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, There were a few adjustments he made to allow the door frame to fit
There were a few adjustments he made to allow the door frame to fit...
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, But the arch went in yay
But the arch went in...yay!
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, And the rest of the frame fit whew
And the rest of the frame fit...whew.
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, He installed the glass at the end of Day 1 We chose water glass because we are in love with the way light dissolves into liquid color at certain times of day
He installed the glass at the end of Day 1- We chose water glass because we are in love with the way light dissolves into liquid color at certain times of day...
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, He made arched moldings on the second day of the install
He made arched moldings on the second day of the install...
diy arched tudor door, diy, doors, how to, woodworking projects, Here is the Before After photo a front door truly exemplifies the personality of a home I kinda love this one xo
Here is the Before & After photo...a front door truly exemplifies the personality of a home. I kinda love this one! xo

Arched door
Arched moldings
All Things Heart and Home

• Pam Hale Maggard

do you do this for other people or just showing off a home project I LOVE THIS DOOR

• Donald R. DiBrita Sr.

Going to paint a stained wooden hutch to make it more coastal. What do I need to do to shiny wood finish before painting? I think I read wash it down with vinegar and water, but. It sure. Thank you. Don.

• CJ

Hello Donald, I don't think I should try to answer as I have never painted furniture. However if you scroll up to the top of the page, on the right hand side you will find "ask a question". Click that and you can post your question separately where more Hometalkers will see it and you will get a lot of great advice.

Good luck on your project!