Repurposed Plant Stand and Updated Patio Furniture

$10

Update a plant stand and turn it into a side table. You can use these steps to update a plant stand, and even your patio furniture.

First I washed the plant stand to clean off any dirt that was on it.

Then I scrubbed it with a Steel Wool Pad (mine came from the Dollar Tree) to remove any loose paint and rust.

After all the water had dried, I used Rustoleum Metallic Brilliant Metal Finish to paint the stand.

I let the paint dry 24 hours.

I found a glass cutting board at the Dollar Tree and knew it would fit perfect in the plant stand.

This is the top, and I'll probably buy a second cutting board for the bottom shelf.

Last fall, I refurbished all my yard furniture. Some of it was green, some of it was black, paint was chipping and places were starting to rust. I did all of these steps and am very pleased with the way it turned out. This picture is recent and all the furniture made it through the winter just fine.

I noticed that this poor rocker on the bottom left corner didn't have a table space to put a beverage or snack. That is when I remembered I had the plant stand.

Here is more of the furniture I fixed up last fall. The table was green, & chairs were black. Now they all match.

I'm looking forward to sitting here during all of these warm days ahead.
I'll be making this and more on my next Hometalk Facebook Live, Tuesday, March 14th at 7pm EST. Hope to see you there!
I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Ashleigh

Where did you get your Gazebo? Been searching and searching and all I find her very expensive

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I got my gazebo on clearance from Big Lots. That is my biggest recommendation - watch those clearance sales. They'll start happening mid-July. Then you can get those hard top ones for 1/2 the price.

• Fred

What is the best detergent without bleach?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Actually if you are looking for a natural cleaner for your wash - straight vinegar. The amount depends on how large your washer is, but on average 1 cup per full size load. It is a natural odor and stain remover as well as a natural fabric softener. The smell will get diluted in your washing machine but if you truly don't like it add a little lemon juice as the acidity in it will compliment the acidity in the vinegar.

• Susan Herrera

I always enjoy watching your videos because you have really cool ideas but I never see a subscribe button and just run across you by chance when I'm reading my hometalk emails. On the above video you mentioned that your next video would be about rocks which I don't want to miss because I just started painting rocks and I'm always looking for new ideas. How can I subscribe?

• Susan Herrera

Just clicked on your name and got to your website and subscribed. Duh, feeling like a doo doo right now.

• Carey

This is a beautiful update to your furniture. I am planning a similar project, before long. I will remember your advise! Mine is not rusty or chipped, but the paint has become oxidized and just doesn't look as nice as it might. So I am going to be giving it a facelift!