How to Plant Seedlings in Egg Cartons

We have definitely sprung into Spring mode over here in zest land- from giving our garden boxes a face lift, to creating fun garden tags- but now it's time to talk plants! We are super excited to add some more variety to our little garden by planting some carrots and lettuce. Rather than planting our little seedlings in the big playbox and allowing the rain to plummet the new growth we are starting the
how to plant seedlings in egg cartons, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
First detach your lid from the carton box and then fill with dirt.
Next sprinkle your seeds and water. You can use a sharpie to label what is going where on the middle dividers.
To make less of a mess I placed the egg cartons on a cookie sheet and now I can pour water all over and really allow the water to soak in through the cardboard. Place near light!
A few weeks later and look what we have here....

• Seeds
  • Soil
  • Scissors
Zest it Up

• Brenda L Herrling

I just sent a msg but I had an error show on my screen. I know you are in CA but I was wondering what timeline do you usually start this process? EX: 4 weeks before planting? I live in Central NY FingerLakes area. Thank you. :)

• Sandra mg Donald

Garden??

• Pan4967315

I have Styrofoam egg cartons, do I need to poke a hole in the bottom of them?

• Deana

yes. need roots need to be able to get out the bottom and styrofoam doesn't deteriorate like paper.