Asked on Apr 13, 2012

Am searching for a house plant called flowering maple. Mine died and we love this plant. Appreciate help.

Shirley MidgettArlene S. KingBonnie B


The leaf looks like a maple tree leaf and the flower looks like a single hollyhock or Hibiscus and blooms year round. It can grow quite tall.
6 answers
  • Walter Reeves
    on Apr 13, 2012

    Look at the nursery for plants called abutilon.

  • Charlotte F
    on Apr 14, 2012

    We have only one nursery in our little town but I will definately check. I will search on line also. Thank you so very much for your info! I will let you know if we have good outcome!

  • Douglas Hunt
    on Apr 14, 2012

    Plant Delights is one well-respected online source for abutilons:

  • Bonnie B
    on Apr 14, 2012

    I've found them at Lowe's and Home Depot. To my limited knowledge, arent' they called Flowering Chinese Maples ~ ? Good Luck !

  • Arlene S. King
    on Mar 16, 2015

    I LOVED my flowering maple! Here on the West (wet) Coast of Canada it is considered a "tender" Perennial. I think it lasted about 3-4 yrs. Before one long, cold winter killed it. I "keep meaning" to get another. If you check out the websites of reputable Growers, they would probably ship one to you.

  • Shirley Midgett
    on May 25, 2015

    I bought an abutilon about a month ago at Walmart.

Your comment...