The Easiest Way to Clean Out Candle Wax!

I am about to share with you one of the easiest tricks of the century! You see, I bought two candles on clearance recently, and the containers were beautiful! In fact, the bowls looked almost identical to some of my Anthropologie bowls. I just HAD to keep them once the candles were finished burning.
the easiest way to clean out candle wax , cleaning tips
(In the pic below, my Anthro bowls are on the left, and the candle is on the right.)
So, how was I gonna get that wax out? I’ve used the technique where you boil some water and then let the jar sit in the boiling water for a little while. Yes, it worked, but I didn’t feel like using that process this time....It was just too high maintenance. I wanted to find a quicker way.
So, here’s the secret that I discovered on Pinterest….You can actually remove your candle wax by freezing it! Now, I’m sure some of you have heard about this idea before, but for those of you who haven’t, I’d like to share with you how this new secret-in-my-pocket is done.
1. Place your candle carefully into the freezer.
2. Let it sit in the freezer for a few hours.
3. Patiently wait while it freezes over.
4. Pull your candle out and place on a secure surface.
5. Using a knife, GENTLY slide your knife in between the wax and the bowl. (When I say gently, I mean ever so tenderly! If not, below is what will happen to your beloved bowl. Thank goodness I had two!!)
6. You’ll be amazed at how easily the wax comes right out!
Voila! There you have it! You could also use this method on glass jars. So exciting! The possibilities are endless!
Have you ever used this technique before? Or what are some other easy ways that you’ve found work for you? I’d love to hear about them!
To see more tips and ideas, check out my blog, TheRusticBoxwood.Com. I'd love for you to hop on over and say hello! You can also find me pinning pretty pics on Pinterest and sharing inspiring photos on Instagram and Facebook. Thanks so much, and have a great day!
The Rustic Boxwood

• Michele Shaw

Would this work for the big Yankee Candle jars? We have a ton lying around. Thanks for the tip!

• Janet Beerman

suggestion for removing wax from bowl

• Rita McKay

I just run hot water in the container until the candle pops out...

• Wil17468830

How to remove candle wax from carpet? How to clean leather furniture?

• The Rustic Boxwood

I'm not a pro, but I've heard that taking ice cubes to candle wax in carpet gets it out. And cleaning leather furniture -- there are leather cleaners at Home Depot or Walmart that'll clean your leather real well. ;)

• Cindy

Turn it upside down on a napkin and use your blow dryer on the hottest setting on the bottom. It heats it just enough for the candle to drop out

• Lisa House

I soak in hot soapy water, as if I were going to wash dishes, the wax will slide out and then I just wash/rinse.