Dianes Fairy Garden Collection

My first post on Hometalk was Bench seat becomes Fairy Garden. That was my most recent Fairy Garden. I started making Fairy Gardens in 2011.
This was my first bench seat garden. Have added a new one to my collection every spring. Every spring the existing ones need a bit of TLC just like the flowers beds do. Every one starts with a container. Anything that has good drainage will do.
Once I have a container I visualize exactly what the finished garden will look like. I then begin gathering materials, make a trip to the nursery, and start to create my vision.
Rosemary and Sage makes a wonderful Tree, very fragrant and also flowers. Mini Roses are my absolute favorite for my gardens. mini petunias,mini pansy's , love any mini flowering plant.
When I remodeled my bathroom I saved the old sink. Made a perfect Fairy Garden container with existing drain.
Low growing ground cover plants, herbs, such as German , Lemon or creeping Thyme,small chives,Irish moss or Heath Pearlwart. My gardens are not complete without Lobularia (Asylum) which you can see in every garden with the small purple or white flowers.
Have had this old wheel barrel forever and because the bottom is so unique when the barrel completely rusted out I lined it with a wire screen and fabric used for shade sails to help hold the soil and still provide good drainage.
My space, the environment that I created where I relax on my patio or work in my shop is very much a Country garden full of flowers in the suburbs of L.A . The Fairy Gardens add an extra special touch . What ever your taste succulents, flowers , wheel barrels or wagons , fairies or gnomes, use what you love to create what pleases you!
And last but not least my most recent Fairy Garden ,inspired by a little girl in this photo who is very near and dear to my Heart. Em this ones for you!

• Jewellmartin

Your use of old or discarded items is inspiring and unique. And I think the wire screen is the step I have been missing. Do you water these like you would a pot plant? Or do you leave the watering up to nature?

• Diane

We dont get enough water here in Southern CA. I have several ways of conserving water and recycling water which I will share at a later date, but yes I water thoroughly and then let dry out in between watering.