Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
Nancy at Craft Your Happiness
  • Hot Springs National Park, AR

Heart Shaped Wildflower Seed Bombs

$5

These 3 ingredient seed bombs are inexpensive and so easy to make. Simply toss them anywhere there is dirt... along the side of the road, in an open field etc. The next time it rains they will dissolve, and before you know it there will be a little more beauty in the world.

SUPPLIES ⚫Air Dry Clay ⚫Potting Soil ⚫Wildflower seeds ⚫Flower Pot (We have a free sleeve on our site that fits a 2.5" clay pots)NOTE ON CLAY: If a firmer variety is used a few drops of water may be needed to help knead and shape it.

Roll a 1 1/2" size ball of clay and flatten it. Add in a scant teaspoon of soil.

Knead well. Add few drops of water if its a harder clay.

Flatten again and add a scant 1/4 tsp. wildflower seeds.

Knead again.

Flatten a minor amount and make the heart point.

Using your finger, make the top indent in your heart. Shape it more if desired. Paint your container. There is another container idea on our post.

Print and cut out the tabs and poems. (Free on our site)

⏩⏩ CLICK HERE FOR THE LABELS& MORE ⏪⏪

Allow your hearts to air dry. This can take a couple of days. Place in your container.

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Rachel

will this work for all types of seeds or just wildflower seeds?

• Rachel

Good advise, Terri and Em. Will not cluster any vegetable seeds in my seed bombs, only flowers. Thank you for your responses.

• Rory McBean

Would food coloring have any impact on the seeds? It would be fun to have pink or red hearts, or other colorful pieces.

• Em

Have you tested them to see how long it takes for the clay to dissolve?

• Debi O'Brien

I cannot seem to print the labels...it says click the link below but there is no link

• Barbara Henson

This is definitely ON my ToDo list. I have a jar full of seeds(??) that I inherited when my mom passed away. No idea What kind of flowers these will become, but that is the pleasure of doing the Seed Bombs. My mom was always collecting flower plants with beautiful blooms, I doubt I will be disappointed no matter What flowers I eventually get.