Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Geum: Totally Tangerine and Mrs. Bradshaw Varieties for Your Garden!

These pretty orange and red flowers are blooming right now in our patio bed! I planted them three years ago and, because they are perennials, they just come back every year on their own without any work on my part! Those are the kinds of plants we love, right? This flowering perennial is called Geum (pronounced like JEE-um) and the two varieties shown here are Totally Tangerine (orange) and Mrs. Bradshaw (red). You can learn all about these flowers - including what zones they are in - by clicking on my blog post link below. Happy planting!
Totally Tangerine Geum: pale-orange single-petal blooms with bits of red throughout.
Mrs. Bradshaw Geum: red semi-double petals with yellow centers.
The pale color of the Alliums cools down the vibrancy of the red and orange Geum flowers.
Here's our two Geum plants in May 2012.
Here's our two Geum plants in May 2012.
And here's the same two plants this year! (May 2013)
Totally Tangerine Geum is a prolific bloomer, much more than other Geum varieties.
Laura, Pet Scribbles